Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Take Care of your Knees Please!

Nikki had her knee fixed today. Nine years ago, before her mission she had a snowboarding accident and tore her ACL. We thought she would have to delay her mission and have it operated on but when she went in for her preop exam the doctor said it was stable and didn't need surgery.

About a month ago she was playing tennis and she tweeked her knee again. This time the doctor said she would have to have it fixed or she was looking at a knee replacement down the road. The surgery took a long time. I kept waiting for the doctor to come out and tell me how it had gone. Finally after two hours I asked the nurse what was going on. They had just finished up and the doctor came out and talked to me. He told me that when they got inside the knee there was more damage than they had seen on the MRI. He had to sew the miniscus in two places and that is why the surgery took so long. He said the knee was stable though and had a good range of motion. She should heal nicely.



These beautiful flowers were on the counter when Nikki came home. She has an awsome roomate. Thanks Britany.

It is great to have our own private RN. I definatley want Heidi to take care of me when I am sick.
Nikki ordered won-ton soup from PF Changs and Noah went and picked it up. He has been a gofer today. He has filled prescriptions, lifted, and spoon fed Nikki.

Britany and Mike. Britany also had lasagna ordered for all of us for dinner.

4 comments:

Kori said...

Nikki is one lucky (and yet, very deserving) girl. Hope she recovers quickly.

Unknown said...

She is lucky to have all of you there to help her. Giver her a hug and take care of her every KNEED!

Grammy said...

So glad you could go and take care of her. I hope she bounces right back. She is one awesome girl, and has lots of good TLC from mom, sis, boyfriend, girlfriends, etc. What a lucky girl!

Monica said...

Nikki looks beautiful even in the hospital post surgery! I hope that she heals quickly. She is lucky to have such great family around to help her out! My page is: Chrismonicaandfamily.blogspot.com, kimberly's is the Belnap Family, Stephanie's is the Martinez Family. Jared and Spencer's pages are on my links also. Thanks again for being so wonderful and helpful!