Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Women's Conference

We were so excited to learn that President Monson would be the concluding speaker at Women's Conference. It was thrilling to hear 20,000 women sing, We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet as he entered the Marriotte Center. He spoke about making each day we have here on earth special. As he left, after his speech, we all remained seated and quiet, he stopped and spoke with a woman in a wheel chair patting her on the shoulder. That is so tipically tender of President Monson. He then turned and waved and 20,000 women waved back. What a witness was born that he is a prophet of God.
It takes a lot of luggage to sustain a two night get-away for Women's Conference. We stayed at a very nice Marriotte hotel at Thankgiving Point. The weather was freezing and the wind blew making it even colder. It finally warmed up the last day and we were able to sit on the lawn at the Marriotte Center and eat lunch which included the Y's famous brownies and hot spiced almonds from a vender there. We did get into all the classes we wanted too and heard principles about motherhood that are taught only through the church. Heidi and Josie went to a lecture entitled: Cherish That Role That Is So Uniquely Yours: Parenting for Young Mothers. Here we are in the Wilkinson Center ballroom listening to a lecture entitled "Good, Better, Best: Simplifing and Uncluttering Our Lives. I learned things that I will never forget and will help me choose the best things to do with my time and means. Josie is wearing her new spring top we bought on our shopping trip. We ate dinner at Good Wood an excellent BBQ place.
It was great to be together and be taught and reminded about the things that matter most. Heidi and Josie are really wonderful people to be with. We had fun staying up late and talking about everything under the sun.


8 comments:

Nikki said...

sounds like a blast - I am very sad I had to miss it. especially the part about new shirts.

Unknown said...

so fun... my invitation must have got lost in the mail HEE HEE

Krista and Aaron said...

What a fun time! You are such a close family and I admire that.

Alice Faye said...

I'm so jelous you get to go to Women's conference. It's my goal to attend sometime. Our vacations always end up going where our kids are but I won't complain about that. Those times are getting further apart each year so I will cherish what we can get. I'm glad you had such a great time.

Alice Faye said...

I guess I sent my previous comment in as anonymous. Sorry.

Kori said...

Girls getaways are so mandatory. Good for you guys for taking the time and making the effort. Sounds like a blast!

Kori said...

Girls getaways are so mandatory. Good for you guys for taking the time and making the effort. Sounds like a blast!

Grammy said...

I missed being at WC so much this year! I will make sure I get there next year. Glad you had such a great time, and with some of your girls, too!