Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Man's Best Friend


Spanky is our Christmas poodle and Spikes replacement.  He likes people and ran after some walkers while he was out in the yard.  When Lenny called him, he ran back in front of a car and was hit.  Below is a picture of how the vet pinned his leg back together to the tune of $1,500.  After six weeks the pins came out the other day but I don't think Spanky learned a darn thing.  He still likes people.  I don't see it.  I would rather be with Spanky than most people I know:)

7 comments:

Kori said...

Poor little guy but, dumb--I know they never learn. Glad he is doing okay. Keep him alive while Jordan is away. While Jake was on his mission and while he sister Aubrey was away, one of their worst fears was that they'd be told their life long cat, Max, had died. Luckily, they were both home by the time it happened. I found it interesting that was one of their biggest fears, though.

Rosie Moncrief said...

That's why I don't have pets!!! I'm doing great. Just in SLC working and hanging out with my friends. I'm going to Ireland for two weeks the first part of August! I can't wait!

Krista and Aaron said...

Poor Spanky! Im glad that he has recovered! He sure is cute.

Grammy said...

Glad that Spanky is okay. I am also glad that he is yours and not mine. We found a home for Roxy and she is much happier! So are we! I guess I just don't have what it takes to be a good dog owner. I really do not want to be responsible for another living thing - my family is all I can handle.

Ruby in the Rough said...

I'm glad he's okay. It's insane how much it cost!

Yellowstone looks gorgeous. I've wanted to go there for years, but Jay and I never had the chance. Maybe next summer. . . .

I think it's funny that men like to burn things. Remember Grandpa and Grandma Owens always burned their trash?

Unknown said...

I can not relate- I can't believe when it when people spend that kind of money on an animal- but, if he makes you happy than it is worth it!!

The Skinners said...

Im glad he is ok... what a cute dog!