Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hurrah for Israel!


We drove up to Boise this weekend  - a very long and boring drive  - but so worth it.
Noah was baptized, confirmed, and ordained a priest in the Aronic Priesthood.  I can see a new light radiating from him or is it that he just lights up around Nikki? My favorite story of Noah's conversion is, when the Elders called and asked Nikki if there was anything they should know about him before they started teaching him, she said, "Yes.  He is really cute".
Nikki made dinner for us on Sunday.  MMMMM  MMMMM    MMMMM
She is a gourmet cook.  We had steamed clams, sturgeon, mashed potatoes and yams,  bread, brocolli, and bannana cream pie.  I felt like I was on the cooking channel as we ate in her Pottery Barn like kitchen.




10 comments:

Alice Faye said...

Congratulations to Israel. Nikki is soooo cute!!!

Kori said...

How wonderful is that?! I'm so happy for Noah and way to go Nikki with the missionary efforts!

heidi said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend, aside from the driving.
Nikki is a yummy cook. yummmmmm.

Kelly said...

What a great day! Congrats to both Noah and Nikki. They are such a cute couple. So glad that you could be there to enjoy the occasion.

Ruby in the Rough said...

I like Nikki's haircut. She looks cute, but of course, very professional. It's nice to see a picture of Noah, as I've been hearing of him for some time now. You must be proud!

Unknown said...

I had no idea! I am so happy- blessing from having your own missionary out, blessing from being such a faithful and supportive mother, blessing from all the help you have given others.

Monica said...

What wonderful news! It's great that you were able to go up and support them- they are lucky to have you!

Grammy said...

I am so thrilled! What a great occasion. This is just the best news ever! Yippie!

Rosie Moncrief said...

Yay!! And I'm glad you post some pix of Nikki since she never does! They are very cute!

Belnap Family said...

Wow, Nikki is such a beautiful girl! I'm sure she gets that all the time though. Is this a boyfriend then? What a great missionary experience. Kimberly