Thursday, January 29, 2009

What is Hump Day?




I think it means that you have been out on your mission a year and like a camel that stores important nutrients in it's hump you have stored important learning experiences in your book of life like: testimony, love for God the Father and Jesus, an understanding of the plan of salvation, love for the Church, and love for home and family.  I can't believe how much I miss Jordan some days.  He still has to fill up another hump (year 2009) but if times keeps going as fast as the past year, he'll be home in a flash.


It is a great blessing to have a missionary. 

7 comments:

heidi said...

Seeing pictures of him makes me miss him even more. I am so glad that he is doing so well.

Kori said...

Time most certainly does "fly on wings of lightening!" Hooray for Jordan!

Unknown said...

So cute! 1 year down- amazing.

Alice Faye said...

It always amazed my how fast my boy's missions went. They were home before we could turn around. I love Adam-Ondi-Ahman. We visited there last summer. There isn't much there but it had a great spirit to it-very, very peaceful.

scrapwordsmom said...

kHey mom! this is your son! i am at the ackmans for p-day! dad sent me the blog! I love how you set up the pictures!~ you are the greatest elder johnson says hi. We are having alot of fun! i will keep checking this! tell everybody hi and that i love them too! Things in the missionary wolrd are great! Take care!

Monica said...

Wow, it's hard to believe that a year has gone by already. I am glad that Jordan is having such a great missionary experience!

Grammy said...

Great photos of Elder Owens. Can't believe he has been out a year. Where does time go? I love how he still puts an exclamation mark after every sentence! He is so funny! You so wise with your analagy of what is stored up through missionary service. Love it!