Sunday, November 9, 2008

Standing with the Brethern

Wanting to do something, but not able to be physically there, I sent some money to the protecting the family organization that supported Proposition 8.  I have heard the opponents are now going to dig up anything bad that they can find about donators. It sort of reminds me how Satan threw a temper tantrum when Moses would not worship him. Let them have at it.  My only regret is that I did not donate more money!

Bruce R. McConkie:
The Church is like a great cravan -- organized, prepared, following an appointed course, with its captains of tens and captain of hundreds all in place.

What does it matter if a few barking dogs snap at the heels of the weary travelers?  Or that predators claim those few who fall by the way?  The caravan moves on.

Is there a ravine to cross, a miry mud hole to pull through, a steep grade to climb?  So be it.  The oxen are strong and the teamsters wise.  The caravan moves on.

Are there storms that rage along the way, floods that wash away the bridges, deserts to cross, and rivers to ford?  Such is life in this fallen sphere.  The caravan moves on.

Ahead is the celestial city the eternal Zion of our God, where all who maintian their position in the caravan shall find food and drink and rest. Thank God that the caravan moves on!

3 comments:

Kori said...

Amen, Sister! I know this might cause a riot or something but, any church member that does not support the Bretherns' statements on this topic should not be carrying temple recommends! Way to go for your donation, I need to do the same thing!

P.S. Please send me your email so I can invite you to read my blog when I make it private...
jrichards8755@msn.com

Monica said...

I loved the official statement the church came out with regarding this subject. It's easy to stand up for our beliefs when they aren't in question... You are amazing!

Grammy said...

Amen and amen.

And knowing the church's stand on abortion and gay marriage, how could anyone vote for Obama!