Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jordan's trip to Nauvoo


"We went to Carthage Jail.  The Prophet and Hyrum and others were here.  I knew it.  The feeling was intense.  We had the tour.  I was able to put my fingers on the bullet holes that entered the room and struck Hyrum and Joseph.  It really was amazing.  He lived great and died great; and will forever be known a great leader and the prophet of the restoration."


"The temple has six stories.  I was on each of them.  After the sealing was over we walked arond and went everywhere.  When we went down to the baptistry. They wanted us to be witnesses!  It was neat because ususally missionaries don't get to go; none have for over four years.  So it was very cool!  They knew we were comming and let us have free reign, almost anywhere we wanted.  The sealing room was so neat!  I don't even remember the last time I was in one; when we were sealed.  I felt that our family really was going to be with each other forever.  You are my family and I am a part of you.  I am so glad that we have such grand saving ordinances!

In the temple they have an ancient apron which is very neat.  They have all the original keys to the temple.  They have Joseph Smith's sword that he used when he was in the batallion.  He etiched his name into it."

4 comments:

Kori said...

What great pictures and a great experience! Jordan has an awesome testimony...it strengthens mine! Thanks for sharing!

Grammy said...

Oh, I am so wanting to go there! A church history tour would be so awesome. You guys want to plan one? I know you would rather go to the cabin, but just think... Nauvoo, Carathage - our very heritage!

Alice Faye said...

I LOVE Nauvoo. I love Carthage even more. The feelings there are amazing. I can totally relate to Jordan's experience. You should take a trip. It is wonderful. I think we have covered all the sights on our trips west. You wouldn't be disappointed. Let me know when you're going and I'll meet you there!!!!

Unknown said...

I have been there. It is amazing and beautiful. How fun for Jordan to experience that.