Saturday, February 9, 2008

Jordan's Letter

I am posting this letter from Jordan. I will not post all of his letters but this one is especially cute and made us so happy. He really puts an exclamation point after almost every sentence. Ben King is one of his good friends who came home from the MTC and now is back. Rajin is a little deaf Indian friend who lived next to us in Kaysville. Scott and Jadin are his really good friends from Sky View and Dev is his bosom buddy ( who is getting ready to go on a mission because of Jordans influence I believe.) Elder Bennion is also a friend from high school. At this point we live for the mail to come on Friday to hear how he is doing. I am thrilled and so grateful that he likes the MTC. Jordan has always loved being with people and having friends around him 24/7.

Mom & Dad
I am doing my laundry today, well actually right now. It's not so bad here anymore. But breakfast is still nasty. I would do anything for one of your famous breakfasts Dad. The last two days here have been great. I think I can do this now. I can now bring somebody closer to Christ. I have mastered the first "discussion" (We call them lessons now). I took a long time but it is worth it. You would be so amazed with what I am learning. We had a super Tuesday last night and President Costa of the seventy came. The Spirit was so strong. I am doing swell. Everywhere I go I carry my backpack full of books and scriptures, my planner, and the Spirit! It is an awsome feeling to be worthy enough to have these feelings.
Today I become an old guy. New load of elders today! Hurray! I talk to Rajan, Scott and Jadin everyday. Ben King is here. I had a party in my room lastnight. The chips and dip lasted 2 minutes. The sandals you sent are way to big and heavy - but perfect. I still think about you everyday! You need to get me more pictures! How is my Dev doing? I really miss that kid. I miss my neice and nephew so much! How is Spanky! I miss him chewing my toes down to the the bone!
My zone is great. They are very nice and we share a lot. I have 2 giant Tongans who live next to me. They teach me their language. They scare me sometimes. It's kind of like living at home because of Elder Bennion.
I am going to the temple today at 1. I am excited. Always a good feeling! I need more white socks. P-day is great! My laundry is done now and folded. My companion has the same black socks and we shared the same dark load, so we just split them. All my roomies say I take too long of showers . I think its funny.
I'm glad you are doing so good & things are working out. We had a lot of good times together. Wow that is a lot of snow! I got your pictures. There is a cowboy here & he really is more interested in Dads tractor. I think I set up my E-mail today. Class is in 1 hour. My teachers are so cool. I went to the refferal center yesterday & talked with a lady for 30 minutes! That is super long. 5 mins is the usual. She statred off swearing at me, then calmed down, then we talked about the restoration & then she cried & then asked for the missionaries in her area. It was so cool.
Well we are having a contest to see who gets the biggest package this week! So I'm asking you to make me a winner!
I love you both & pray for you. I'm happy & glad things are good. Getting letters everynight is the best!
Make sure Dev gets my address.
Love Jord

3 comments:

Kori said...

I love your blog! It is so fun hearing about a missionary. His letter reminds me of some I got from Jake while he was in the MTC. It was so neat to share a little part of his experience. I'm sure you will be so blessed for supporting him.

Grammy said...

That was a great letter! Thanks for sharing it. He is hilarious. This will be an amazing experience for him.

Unknown said...

That is what I needed to hear this morning. I hope my boys turn out so cute and wonderful.