Friday, February 22, 2008

My Happy Place

Painted on the arched doorway of a bowling alley, in the basement, of one of the multi-million dollar homes that we toured in the St. George home parade, was this saying "EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A HAPPY PLACE". With yet another snowstorm pelting Cache Valley causing gray, cold, wet, and blizzard like conditions, I decided to visit my HAPPY PLACE today and bought this darling serving stand. The rush of epinephrine (or whatever the body releases under such pleasant circumstances) as I first discovered the stand, decided to buy it, and then made my way to cache register, will be tonic enough to hold at bay any bouts of seasonal depression, I figure for about a half a week, when I again will have to go back to the DI for another fix.

Pottery Barn quality if you ask me! I think it would look so classy with some of Nikki's cupcakes, or lemon tarts on it but they are so not on my diet. Hence the fruit.
These jackets are two of my favorite and most prized purchases. The photo doesn't do the colors justice.The Logan DI. My HAPPY PLACE:)
This donation bag from the 1940s features the beehive, symbol of industry for the Church Welfare plan, as well as one of the stated goals of the Desert Industries; "Help others to help themselves." Photographer: Holger Marius Larsen.
One of the primary purposes of the Deseret Industries was "to set up, in so far as it might be possible, a system under which the curse of idleness would be done away with."
I figure I am helping myself and not being idle when I support my local DI:)
The only thing that would have made the day better is if my DI shopping buddy Karla (my sister) could have been with me!









4 comments:

Unknown said...

You seriously always find the best stuff there. I need to frequent that place a little more.

heidi said...

I'm glad that you found such a cute deal. I am also greatful that i didn't get to attend with you, I don't hate the DI, but i don't love it either. i don't have enough patience to make it my happy place. I am always interested to see what treasures you bring home however...and glad that you are able to find a bright spot in the cold and snow. Happy Hunting.

Nikki said...

I hate the DI - but I am happy that you like it and seem to find nice things there.

Grammy said...

I just wish the Phoenix DI could compare to the Cache Valley one. I have tried to find wonderful stuff there, and actually bought an outfit for spring a few weeks ago when I was filling a clothing order for a needy person. But it is no fun without you there!