Tuesday, March 4, 2008

In the arms of the Lord

Jordan wrote me that he was "in the arms of the Lord". Here he is in the arms of his mission president.
Here he is in the arms of his companions. His companion is from Hyde Park just up the road from our house. Jordan went to high school with him. He said, "He is the MAN!"
He writes: "I am doing great and I am following all the rules even getting up on time. (This is evidence that God is still a God of miracles). I am the coolest companion ever! Everybody wants me! I love it here and being on my own! I'm glad I made this decision! . . . I am going fishing today with a recent investigator. We are going to fish and talk about the church! I planned it all out! I am so excited. He is the same age as me and his name is Nick! He wants to know the truth. His parents are anal and crazy and it's tough for him. So I made this activity and will hopefully bring him in! (Jordan will love him into the church. He is very compassionate. He always looks for ways to include people on the fringes.)
I have edited his emails. He types them fast because they only have a certain amount of time and he wants to write everyone personally. He does put an exclamation point after every sentence. He always expresses his love and appreciation to all of us and names everyone Heidi, Nikki , Jeff, Daniel, Josie and the kids. He says, " I love you all so much and hope I can make you proud." He bears his testimony. "Joseph Smith was a man of God and Jesus Christ died for all mankind. Never forget that." He is very caught up in the work and sounds happier than he has ever been. "The best two years."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These letters always make me cry! He is so stinkin cute and I only Hope I can be a good mom like you and get my boys on missions. What a wonderful experience. He is soooo cute.

heidi said...

Despite all the typing errors and distracting exclamation points you can still feel the spirit in each of his letters. He really is doing such a good job, if he only knew how proud of him we are.

Grammy said...

What a great leder! I just knew he could do it. So proud of him, and amazed and what you have done to get him there.